Arlo Stopped Recording: Arlo cameras are designed to record motion, but there are a few reasons why they might stop recording.
In this article, we’ll discuss the most common reasons why Arlo cameras stop recording, as well as some troubleshooting tips that you can try to get your camera back up and running.
Table of Contents
Arlo Stopped Recording
Why Does My Arlo Camera Stop Recording?
Arlo Stopped Recording: There are a few reasons why your Arlo camera might stop recording. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Motion detection is turned off. Make sure that motion detection is turned on in the camera settings.
- The camera is not connected to the internet. Check that the camera is connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- The camera is out of battery. If your camera is battery-powered, make sure that the battery is charged.
- The camera is in a mode that doesn’t record motion. Make sure that the camera is not in a mode like “Away” or “Disarmed.”
- There is a problem with the camera’s firmware. Check for firmware updates and install any that are available.
Arlo Stopped Recording: If your Arlo camera has stopped recording, here are some troubleshooting tips that you can try:
- Check the camera’s settings. Make sure that motion detection is turned on and that the camera is connected to the internet.
- Restart the camera. To do this, remove the battery for 30 seconds and then reinstall it. If your camera is wired, unplug it for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
- Reset the camera to factory defaults. This will erase all of the camera’s settings, but it can sometimes fix problems with recording. To do this, press and hold the reset button on the back of the camera for 10 seconds.
- Update the camera’s firmware. Go to the Arlo website and check for firmware updates. If there is an update available, install it.
Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera | Wire-Free, 1080p Video (White) Video Doorbell | HD Video Quality, 2-Way Audio, Package Detection | Motion Detection and Alerts | Built-in Siren
Best Offer Price
Arlo Stopped Recording: Here are some additional tips to help prevent your Arlo camera from stopping recording:
- Place the camera in a well-lit area. This will help the camera to detect motion more easily.
- Avoid placing the camera in front of windows or other transparent objects. These objects can interfere with the camera’s motion detection.
- Keep the camera’s firmware up to date. Arlo regularly releases firmware updates that can improve the performance of the camera.
Arlo Camera Not Recording Motion
Arlo Stopped Recording: here are some additional things you can do to troubleshoot your Arlo camera if it has stopped recording:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that your internet connection is strong and stable. You can try restarting your router or modem.
- Check your Arlo subscription plan. If you have a free plan, you may not have enough storage space to record all of the motion that your camera detects. You can upgrade to a paid plan to get more storage space.
- Check for interference. There are a few things that can cause interference with your Arlo camera’s signal, such as other wireless devices, metal objects, and even walls. Try moving the camera to a different location to see if that resolves the issue.
- Reset your Arlo account. If you’ve tried all of the other troubleshooting steps and your Arlo camera is still not recording, you can try resetting your Arlo account. This will erase all of your settings, but it can sometimes fix problems with recording. To do this, go to the Arlo website and click on “Reset Account.”
Arlo Stopped Recording: If you’ve tried all of these troubleshooting steps and your Arlo camera is still not recording, you should contact Arlo support. They will be able to help you diagnose the problem and get your camera back up and running.
Arlo Stops Recording During Motion
Here are some additional tips to help keep your Arlo camera running smoothly:
- Update your Arlo app regularly. The Arlo app is constantly being updated with new features and bug fixes.
- Keep your Arlo devices up to date. Arlo regularly releases firmware updates for its devices. These updates can improve the performance of your devices and fix security vulnerabilities.
- Back up your Arlo recordings. This will help you to protect your recordings in case something happens to your Arlo devices.
Arlo Stopped Recording: By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Arlo camera continues to record motion and keep you safe.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- Arlo Support Website: https://support.arlo.com/
- Arlo Community Forum: https://community.arlo.com/
- Arlo Knowledge Base: https://kb.arlo.com/
I hope this helps!